Welcome to show 162,
Fallout 4 is in (at least getting close) and “The Smed” is out. This week we welcome Steve “Slunker” Griffing back to the show as we talk about the subjects below:
Next time: We welcome special guest Brian Hicks from Bohemia Interactive, producer for DayZ!
1. Diversity in video games versus the developer’s vision for the game and the target audience. What is the developer doing with the narrative? Does it matter if a story is being told from a particular character’s viewpoint? What is the story the developer is trying to tell? Or are we asking developers to include a particular gender just for its own sake?
2. Game Developers that ask us to buy what is a rehash of the same game each year? Is the annual edition trend dying out?
3. EA takes it on the chin
4. China lifts the ban on console games, Chief Keefe not welcome in Indiana even by hologram, Alliance playing for the proper…er…horde side – mercenaries in WoW
5. When beta wasn’t marketing/the evil of preorder and early access
6. Game Development and Moving Benchmarks
7. What we have been playing – Ark Survival Evolved, Lotro, Terra Online