Adele tagged me with this meme, and I’m a little short on time and inspiration for a post today, so here goes…
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they?ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.
Hmm, 8 random facts about me, presumably of some possible interest…
1. I have started or been a founding partner in 3 businesses over my 40+ years, and I feel justified in stating that I am currently batting .667 in terms of success (so far)… one was bought out (less than a year after I’d sold, worse luck), one closed due to lack of sales (it would have helped to have an actual salesperson), and my present endeavor which is still going relatively strong after 12 years.
2. I’m a cat person… who is allergic to cats. My life in a nutshell.
3. I was a National Merit Scholar, scored 99th percentile in both sections of the SAT back in my high school days (one short of perfect on the math, dang it). Got a decent scholarship from Gustavus Adolphus out of it, and proceeded to fail to take full advantage of it. My options at that point were: start getting paid for a full-time job in my chosen field immediately, or pay someone for 2 more years to teach me so I can… get a full-time job in my chosen field. It seemed a no-brainer at the time… sometimes I wonder, though.
4. Between family trips as a child, and my business travel as an adult, I have visited and stayed at least overnight in 41 of the 50 states, as well as 4 Canadian providences: I’m missing Alaska, Hawaii, Arkansas, Maine, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware, and Maryland from the U.S. Places I’ve spent a least a month “visiting” over time include Chicago, IL; Missoula, MT; Spokane, WA; Houston, TX; and Worchester, MA. My actual place of residence (”home”) has never yet been outside of Minnesota, tho, and no travel outside of North America (yet).
5. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was almost 21. I didn’t really need it until then, didn’t have access to a car anyway (my money went to college and gaming)… and was morbidly afraid I’d lose control of the vehicle and hurt someone. So, of course, now whenever I have a long trip to take, I love to drive it whenever possible, usually in a single straight shot. I’ve done the Minneapolis-Houston drive (20-22 hours, depending mainly upon KC and Dallas traffic) multiple times… longest one was Minneapolis-Boston (28 hours straight due to traffic jams in Chicago and Cleveland… yes, I know it was stupid).
6. I’m a teetotaler… I just practice, not preach. I just get weird enough without chemical assistance, thank you very much. (Actually, I suspect I would be a very morose drunk.)
7. My grandmother on my mother’s side was born in a covered wagon headed to Minnesota: all 4 of my maternal great grandparents were born (and married) in Norway, and emigrated to the US shortly before 1900.
8. My favorite music is a light breeze rustling the trees, waves rhythmically bouncing off the shore, birds and crickets adding notes randomly as the mood takes them. Beethoven, Anya, Toto, and Sting aren’t too bad, either.
Good grief. 8 people. Can’t I just let people opt in themselves and link back? I know, I know… hmm, how about recent or past commenters that either provided or I know their URL off-hand… Talyn, Lars, Aaron, Mythokia, Daocrucidor, Tuebit, Kanthalos, and Ethic (who never posts anymore, but hey, I tried). I suspect many of them already did this at one point or another. Anyone else that wants to join in, feel free….
I’ll get around to rule #4. Really. Soon…