Welcome to the twenty-sixth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week or so to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to email@example.com. Check for other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
This month's topic was proposed by @KatiaSae of the much praised "To Boldly Go" blog. Katia asks: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As an astrophotographer, I've found it in the stars and planets of New Eden. Where have you found it? Perhaps you've found beauty in the ships we fly? Maybe it's the sight of profits being added to your bottom line? Or maybe it's the pilot portraits you see in the comm channels? Where ever you've found it, write about it and post an image." Don't be afraid go beyond the simple visual aspects of EVE as well. Is the EVE Community in itself a thing of beauty? What makes EVE the game, the world, the Community, so appealing to you?EVE looks stunning. It always has, and if the last decade hints to what we can expect in the future, it most likely will continue. Ask a friend, one who's never played an MMO to take a look at a few of your screenshots, and the likely reaction that you're likely to hear is "That's a game?". Followed by "That's the game you play?". Ever since I laid eyes on the universe created by CCP, I knew that this was something different. Way different then anything I had seen before. And this still holds true today.
I still remember being blown away by the trailer that was done to showcase the new Trinity II graphic engine, when all the ships got a visual upgrade. That video still gives me goose bumps.
And yet, the real beauty of EVE to me is beyond the visual aspects of this unique MMO. What really stands out when it comes to EVE is its Community and how supportive we are to one another. Though the universe created by CCP is one of the most hardcore MMO out there, the individuals that are part of it, those that make the Community what it is, the bloggers, podcasters, members of the Tweetfeet, have shown again and again to be one of the best asset of the game. It's the Secret Weapon by which EVE invades the minds of those new to this universe.
The Beauty of EVE lies within its Community.
List of Participants:
- CrazyKinux's Musing: Beyond nebulas and shiny ships
- Freedom: the beauty in EvE » A Mule In EvE
- Achernar: The bike and the barbecue
- where the frack is my ship?: Blog Banter 26: Love at first sight
- BlogBanter 26: EVE … beautiful … « One capsuleer against all
- Blog Banter 26 « Mad Haberdashers
- » Blog Banter 26: Beauty of EVE – To Boldly Go To Boldly Go
- Down By Law: Blog Banter #26: "The Beauty of EVE" (OOC)
- Blog Banter #26 – Beauty « Roc's Ramblings
- Banter #26: Beauty is in the eye of the markets | Diary of a Garbageman
- Progression's Horizon: Blog Banter 26- Carry It With Us, Or We Find It Not
- Blog Banter 26: The Beauty of Eve « A Scientist's Life in Eve
- Freebooted: BB26: The Beauty Between the Lines
- Eve Opportunist: EBB #26 : Beauty is destruction.
- Blog banter #26: EVE shines, and not just visually « Diary of a Pod Pilot
- Blog Banter 26: Everybody is Pretty - Learning to Fly
- BB26: Beauty, in certain conditions | A Missioneer in Eve
- Dying in Lowsec (One Hauler at a time)
- EVE Blog Banter #26 – Beauty « Evehermit's Blog
- EVE A to Z: The Beauty of EVE
- Blog Banter 26: Beauty In A Bottle « A Lush In Space
- EVEOGANDA: Blog Banter 26: The Ballet of Battle
- BB26: Sometimes the sum of the parts … | Morphisat's Blog
More EVE Online news and rantings at CrazyKinux's Musing!