As expected, I didn’t get much coding time yesterday. I did knock off a couple quick Facebook integration features:
- All mystery pages now have a mystery-specific comment section. This was one tag (with a tiny bit of C# code to generate a unique ID.)
- I added a popup dialog that allows you to invite your friends to play a specific mystery or to install the game.
- The FDT framework required logins before it required adds. That meant two “do you want this app to know who you are” pages for users. That’s down to just the standard install page now.
- I’m recording the users’ infinite session keys now so I can post to their profiles and news feeds on a timer (for when turns run.)
I emailed a couple of hosting providers that people pointed me out. One doesn’t support rewriting on windows. The other (ReliableSite.net) uses Ionics Isapi Rewrite Filter for URL Rewriting. The latest version of IIRF is broken, but the one before that seems to work fine so maybe ReliableSite.net will work for me.
Today I hope to:
- Sign up with a hosting provider
- Get the site up and running on that provider
- Get the automatic turn-running code written
- Put the hosted game up in a new Facebook app so I can…
- Post the URL here so you can all try it out
Most of that depends on figuring out whatever configuration issues come up when I try to run on the new host. That could be half an hour or twelve hours depending on how many gotchas come up.