I've been playing Mirror's Edge for about 2 or 3 hours now, so I figure I could give it a mini-review.
- Cityscape is beautiful
- Soundtrack, when played, fits the game perfectly. Has an open air feel to it.
- There's not enough good about this game
- Combat is clumsy and almost impossible to manage
- Mastery of the moves is necessary otherwise...
- Lack of fluidity in the game because sometimes thinking on the fly isn't possible
- What I've come to call load-kill. Loading at key points can really break up the pacing and kill the intensity of a chase
- Elevators. Did you hate Mass Effect's Elevators? Even Stormwaltz could make fun of Mirror's Edge elevators.
- Hidden QTEs. Remember disarming in training? It's a masked QTE necessary for certain "scenes" in the game.
- Too much time spent inside buildings, sewers and tunnels. Layouts are bland.
- Some things thrown in just to make you use the moves.